Create Forward is now hiring a Project Assistant to provide daily support with the management of a range of creative social impact projects including Mass Story Lab, a participatory storytelling project that aims to make stories an instrument of justice.
The role of the Project Assistant is to provide administrative support to our project leads as they deliver events, trainings, and programs that advance equity and justice nationally.
· Confirming dates and locations for upcoming Mass Story Lab (MSL) events;
· Strategize with local MSL partners about effective outreach strategies;
· Facilitate planning calls between partners and Create Forward staff;
· Manage the growing email lists and curate our bi-monthly newsletter;
· Provide logistical support for trainings and public events;
· Manage social media accounts and post regular content;
· Provide data entry of evaluation data from events and trainings;
· Generate reports on audience participation from events and trainings for our annual report;
· Make minor updates to our websites;
· Supervise interns and volunteers.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Some experience with event planning and coordination;
· Previous community organizing experience is a plus;
· Passion for social justice and particularly criminal justice reform;
· Creative problem solving skills;
· Able to work effectively independently and stay motivated;
· Adaptable and able to work collaboratively with a range of different people;
· Possess an ability to listen empathetically and remain solutions oriented;
· Creative with a desire to merge arts practice with social justice;
· Great at multi-tasking and managing priorities;
· Basic graphic design skills.
This is a part-time position at 20-hrs per week at $20 per hour. Starts immediately. Our office is based in Harlem, NYC.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.